Wow, I have been slacking. Apart from a camping trip for 4th of July, we have not been doing anything that exciting, I guess. I never sleep well while I'm camping, and I start to feel really grungy after about the second day, probably because my hair is dirty and that drives me crazy! However, I have to say that I really love it and I am glad it's something we started doing. Now that the kids go to sleep on their own in the tent, we can stay up a little longer and chat by the fire with the other gronw-ups. Plus the stars were so amazing without the city light pollution. Dawn and I took the kids on a night hike (walk). We took the trail through the trees down to the lake, but then on the way back, missed the trail and had to take the long way back on the road. The kids were freaking out that we were lost or that wild animals were going to attack, or that we would get hypothermia. So between listening to the paranoid child and the hypochondriac child, I couldn't help but get the giggles, which freaked them out even more. Anyway, night hikes are one of my favorite things to do while camping, and hopefully they weren't too traumitized by it! We only had the one night to do it since the next night we were out late for the fireworks and went straight to bed when we got back. Next year I think I will go up for longer with the kids, and then Scot can join us for a couple days in the middle. It was so nice and peaceful when everyone left, so it would be fun to be there during the week a little after everyone else takes off. Owen smashed his hand on a football tackling thing, and one other boy smashed his hand with a rock, but otherwise no major injuries, so that was good!
Now the kids are done with classes except for a couple more sessions of baseball for Declan, so we can start making plans for Elitch's and things like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment