We went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday. We had a good time, but after awhile the heat and crowds get to me. Everyone was congregating in the shady spots! The kids ended up getting some fancy walking sticks, and the lady even carved their initials in them.
On Saturday night I went on a photo walk in downtown Denver. I guess it's a national event and there are walks going on all over the country on this same night. I joined a yahoo group of local area digiscrappers, and some of them were going, so I signed up, too. Basically we just walked around on a route the leader had already picked out and took whatever photos we wanted. My main goal was to experiment with my camera and get to know it better on the manual settings instead of always using auto. It works well for a lot of situations, but there are times that it's better to use the manual settings. I used to do a lot of photography, and develop my own prints and negatives and everything, so it's something I always mean to get back to, even though now it's all digital! So I am happy to say that I didn't use the auto settings, or the flash, for any of my photos, and I spent a lot of time just experimenting with exposure bracketing and the different white balance settings. The other digiscrappers were really nice and we stayed and had a late dinner at the restaurant at the end of the walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment