Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am happy that tomorrow is Thursday. Wednesdays are not my favorite lately! Once school is out, I'll be switching to an evening shift so the kids will not be stuck there with me all day. I am only sad that I will be missing more of my turbo kick class, but I should be able to start that again in the fall. There are other classes to choose from, but that was always one of my favorites.

I finally called someone to come look at our roof and see if we have a hail claim from the freak storm last summer. Many people have gotten new roofs out of it, so I figured it was worth a shot. Maybe they can fix the gutters at the same time! Then we can look into re-doing the back porch. I am hoping to make the deck part smaller and have a lower patio area. Something we will eventually have to do is new siding, but I think the roof and porch are going to come first. I have a big list of interior improvements to work on, also. We tend to let things go, but I would like things to look decent in case the housing market improves and we have a chance to possibly move. I love this neighborhood, but it would be nice to be away from the busy street and our crazy neighbor. It probably won't happen, but I always have it in the back of mind as a remote possibility. If not, we should at least have things looking decent!

2 comments:

  1. That's the joy of home ownership. . . always something to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer - you entered a giveaway on my blog, Taylored Elements (tayloredelements.blogspot.com), last week and I'm so pleased to announce that YOU WON! Please send me an email at sbriesh at gmail dot com so I can get your prize code to you. Thanks so much for playing and please check back often as I have more giveaways and freebies coming up!

    ReplyDelete