Friday, October 1, 2010

October

And so begins one of my favorite months of the year! It is still a little hot here to think of it as fall, but I'm hoping it's just around the corner. So what is going on with me? I have been enjoying my volunteer time at the school library this year, and I know I need to get in there and help in the classrooms, but I am just happy to be a pretend librarian at the moment. My mom is visiting and helped in Declan's class this morning and will be helping in Owen's class on Monday. My work schedule got changed back to Wednesdays starting this week, so I will be able to go on a field trip with Owen's class, if I get the form in early. They are only taking a certain number of parents because they are taking the bus and there isn't much extra room. Declan has his first field trip of the year on Monday, but they didn't ask for any parent volunteers for that one. I have two recorder performances this weekend, both local, which is nice. Next weekend we are all trekking down to the Springs for the last performance of this year. I am working on a complete revision of one of the recorder websites that I maintain. I need to just get it put together and worry about finessing the design later. Anything will be an improvement on the old site! I took it over from someone many years ago and never really did much in the way of re-designing. I have been busy with my digital layouts, but I am also looking forward to working on some paper cards with my mom on Monday while the kids are at school. I am hoping to get a start on my Christmas cards. I haven't made any cards for some time now. I didn't realize how much of the social aspect I enjoyed until my stamping buddy moved away and I had no one to stamp with :(

Anyway, here are some recent layouts:


This uses Memory Lane by Jen C Designs.


This is using Christmas Hugs by Flutterbye Faery Designs


This uses Romantic Blues by Alexis Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment